Kapok as a pillow stuffing has natural advantages, especially over petroleum-based polyester/polyurethane foams.
- Kapok is safe. It’s free of the potentially toxic materials in many foam pillows.
- Kapok is cruelty-free. The practice of gathering feathers and down for use in pillows is far from humane.
- Kapok is a compostable and biodegradable resource that reduces waste.
- Kapok is generally considered hypoallergenic.
- Kapok has no discernable odor.
- Kapok has a uniform density and, when compressed, tends to spring back into its original shape.
- Kapok is moldable and offers great support