Debating between an Avocado Green Mattress and a Natural Escape by My Green Mattress?
Avocado's Green Mattress and the Natural Escape by My Green Mattress® are both hybrid mattresses, which means they combine layers of natural foam for comfort and pressure relief with innersprings for durable support. Although My Green Mattress® has modeled their product and website designs to mimic Avocado, there are important differences.
- Avocado is the #1 rated innerspring hybrid in America from 2018 - 2021.
- Avocado uses the best innerspring unit available, with more springs, more zones, more gauges and more coil sizes, This matters. The innerspring unit is a costly and critical component in a hybrid mattress. Fewer springs means less support, less durability, less body contouring, and more motion transfer across the mattress.
- Avocado has a 1-year trial, while My Green Mattress offers only 120 nights (9 months shorter),
- Avocado has a 25-year limited warranty, while My Green Mattress offers only a 10-year limited warranty.
- Avocado makes their own products, and many of the source materials, in Los Angeles, with more than 700,00 square feet of production and logistics space. The Avocado factory has been making mattresses since 1987. We even make our own furniture and have our own farms that produce our own certified organic latex and certified organic wool. In contrast, My Green Mattress sources their wool and latex from subcontractors.
- Avocado Green Mattress is a MADE SAFE® certified product — one of the most stringent certification for ecological and human safety. Simply put, MADE SAFE® has determined that all of the materials we use in them are free from ingredients linked to or suspected to cause harm to humans, animals, or ecosystems.
- Avocado is 100% carbon negative business, verified by a Climate Neutral Certification®, 20 years ahead of the target set by the Paris Agreements.
- Avocado is approaching zero waste — and is the first mattress and bedding company to have its Landfill Waste Diversion rated and validated by UL.
- Avocado is one of the world's most sustainable and radically transparent brands, with verified giving programs through 1% for the Planet® for environmental and social responsibility.
Compare Avocado Green Mattress vs. My Green Mattress® Natural Escape:
My Green Mattress® Natural Escape
Ratings & Trust
CR® Firmness Rating
7 (Standard, medium firm); 6 (Pillow-top, gentle firm)
20 Years Limited
GOTS organic certified Dunlop latex, from our own farms and facility: 3 total inches in the standard, 5 inches in the pillow-top.
GOTS organic certified Dunlop latex: 3 total inches.
1,440 (King), 8-inch coils, in 3 wire gauges + 2 coil sizes, 3 interior zones
1,074 (King), 8-inch coils, in 2 wire gauges, all 1 size, 3 interior zones
Minimal / Low
4, reinforced, 2 per side
4, reinforced, 2 per side, not reinforced (lifting not recommended)
GOTS Organic Certified Mattress (full product)
GOLS Organic Certified Latex
GOTS Organic Certified Wool, with no synthetic fibers
GOTS Organic Certified Cotton
eco-Institut® Certified (Latex)
STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX® Certified for human and ecological safety
✓ Latex only
Formaldehyde-Free Claim Verified by UL Environment®
Endorsed by the American Chiropractic Association (ACA)
FSC® Certified: Latex, Wood and Mattress Factory and Furniture Factory
Rainforest Alliance® Latex
B Corporation Certified
1% For the Planet® Verified Giving Program
Landfill Waste Diversion
✓ Avocado became the first mattress and bedding company to have its Landfill Waste Diversion rated and validated by UL. In 2021, Avocado’s goal is to achieve its Zero Waste certification.
Climate Change Mitigation
Climate Neutral Certified®
✓ Certification. Carbon negative business since 2018, offsetting more than 61,000 tCO2e to date.
Made with 100% renewable energy
Ownership & Trust
Avocado is privately-held, owned by Avocado Green Brands, which has been making award-winning mattresses in Los Angeles since 1987.
My Green Mattress is privately held, making mattresses in LaGrange, IL, since 2007.
Customer mattress reviews
14,000+ (as of 1/21)
519+ (as of 1/21)
Makes their mattresses
Makes their own GOLS organic certified latex
✓ From our farms and organic processor in India.
Farms and process their own GOTS organic certified wool
✓ From our farm and organic processor in India.
Makes their own bed frames and furniture
✓ In our FSC® certified workshops in Los Angeles.
Still have questions?
Schedule a free, 30-minute personal consultation via Zoom with our world class customer experience team today.