We recommend that you watch this video before proceeding with a warranty claim request for a defect. Many issues are easily addressed, or attributed to improper support for your mattress.
To make a valid claim under the terms and conditions of the Avocado Mattress Warranty, you must:
- Read the full Mattress warranty for clarity on covered defects, what the mattress warranty does not cover, and your responsibilities.
- Download and complete the Warranty Claim form.
- Provide valid original proof of purchase — your order receipt and number — demonstrating date of purchase and that the claimant is the original purchaser and still has the mattress.
- Provide photos of the law tag evidencing that the law tag remains on the bed and has not been altered, including one detailed photo of the bar code section of the lag tag, which includes the serial number and date of manufacture.
- Provide photos of the mattress uncovered and the claimed defect.
- For sagging, indentation and and body impression defects, provide photos of your foundation and/or rigid, solid surface or slatted bed base that is structurally capable of supporting the weight of the mattress and user(s). A proper bed frame is defined, for the purpose of this Mattress Warranty, as having at least five to six (5-6) leg support for a Queen, King, and California King Mattress, four (4) leg support for Twin and Full Mattresses. For Queen, King, and California King slatted style bed frames, there cannot be greater than five (5) inches between each slat in order to provide ample structural support for the foundation and user(s). A photo must show the total number of leg supports. Each slat needs to be a minimum of two and a half (2.5) inches wide. If slats are used without a foundation, a photo must show the slats. If a foundation is used, a photo must show the foundation without the mattress on it. If the purchaser uses an inappropriate foundation, box spring or base as determined by Avocado Mattress, the Mattress Warranty, without limitation, will be void. All bed frames and foundations sold by Avocado provide valid support.
- A brief narrative describing the defect and how it is affecting the performance of the mattress.
- Send all requested documentation at one time to [email protected].
- Our warranty claim team will review the information and respond within a few business days.
- You are responsible for submitting your claim with sufficient supporting documentation for Avocado Mattress to provide a remedy if necessary.
- The serviceable area is limited to the 50 states of the United States only. If your Avocado Mattress is located outside the USA, you are responsible for any costs associated with pick-up and return.
- 30 days of regular usage is required before warranty claims for size variations can be considered. In 90% of these instances, a bit of patience is all that's needed to allow the mattress to fully expand and return to its original size.
- This Mattress Warranty is not transferable and applies only to a mattress purchased directly from Avocado Mattress by the original purchaser.
Photographing Mattress Indentation Defects
Defects covered under the Mattress Warranty: Any VISIBLE indentation equal or greater than one and a half (1.5) inches that is NOT associated with or resulting from a faulty, improper or unsupportive foundation, box spring or platform that is not designed or constructed so that it is capable of handling the combined weight of the foundation and its intended users. The indentation must be visible to the naked eye when no weight is applied to the top of the Mattress.
To accurately measure the sagging depth, first stretch a length of string over the entire width of a fully stripped mattress; when the line is taut, use a ruler or tape to measure the distance between the string and the deepest indentation. A straight edge, such as a wooden ruler or level, is also effective.
This must be done so with the mattress on the floor or on a solid platform bed frame.It can not be done on slats, a foundation or boxspring, otherwise you may be measuring the sag in other components of your bed, rather the mattress. (It can be done on any Avocado brand foundation or bed frame, because we have engineered these components with proper structural support.) Logically, the indentation must be measured at a center point between tufting.
For mattress indentation defects, you must supply:
- A photo of the mattress uncovered.
- A photo of the mattress with a non-flexing straight edge laying over the defect area.
- A photo of the ruler lightly contacting the mattress, without adding to the impression.